Sunday, October 4, 2015

Snow in summer: Sensory Play

Is your child a big fan of snow like mine is?

I remember, when I was a kid, and it would snow, I was always out packing it, rolling it, and laying in it.  I was covered in white wetness before I was forced to come inside to warm up. Apparently, my love of snow was carried over to my child too.  He loves playing in it so much and I literally have to force him to come inside and most of the time it was with tears. During the summer months, it's always a bummer that he can't play the same and enjoy some sensory play during the off months too.  Here's a great way to enjoy the fun of snow, but with less wetness and less tears.

Taking a large tote lid, flipped over, we covered the lid in a mixture of baking soda.  That's it!  Skylar used a lot of his Matchbox cars and some farm equipment items and created a snowy scene.

This is definitely an outside play project.  

Putting the baking soda in a large-holed shaker allows your child to "snow" on his play space.



The more baking soda you use the deeper the "snow" gets.  


No comments:

Post a Comment